Re: start pppd
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: start pppd
- From: "Eric G . Miller" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:17:36 -0700
- Message-id: <20000828191736.A5534@calico.local>
- Mail-followup-to: "Eric G . Miller" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <00082809564403.00466@make>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 09:56:44AM -0300
- References: <00082809564403.00466@make>
On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 09:56:44AM -0300, Alberto Pereira wrote:
> When i try to start pppd, in prompt, like root or a commun user i have this
> medusa pppd: By default the remote system is required to authenticate
> medusa pppd: (because this system has a default route to the internet)
> medusa pppd: but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it
> to use to do so.
> pppd: (None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address.)
> Someone can help me?
Run pppconfig as root. Then use pon/poff to bring up/down the
connection. Running pppd directly requires sending it a bunch of
arguments. Easier to let pppconfig do the work for you. If I've
mistaken your problem. Please elaborate on what you have done.
Copyright © 2000 Megalomania Industries, Inc.
- start pppd
- From: Alberto Pereira <email@example.com>