Re: kernel 2.2.2 newbie question

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Dale L . Morris wrote:
> I'm going to compile 2.2.2 kernel as an upgrade from 2.2.16. Since
> this is evenly numbered does that mean it's a stable kernel? Are there
> any significant improvements over 2.2.16?
> thanks
> -- dale
>

> "Know thyself.."
>

> --

Huh? What do you mean 2.2.16 is an upgrade form 2.2.2? High erversion numbers
means newer release. The way the Linux kernel work is that if the middle
number is odd it is unstable (development verison) and if it is even it is
stable.

Dan
Daniel E. Baumann E-mail: baumannd@msoe.edu (preferred)
baumannd@trio.msoe.edu         baumannd@penguinpowered.com
baumannd@obfuscation.penguinpowered.com (caution: dynamic DNS

				service, may bounce)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
                http://www.linuxfreak.com/~baumannd

"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."

      -- Dave Olson