Re: netscape 4.75 package has no netscape command?

Adam Heath wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
>

> > Due to the vulnerability of my old netscape 4.08, I decided to
> > upgrade to the woody version (Version: 4.75-1).
> >
> > I installed netscape-base-4, netscape-base-475 and
> > netscape-java-475.  The only file under a bin directory is
> > netscape-remote.  There is no netscape command!
> >
> > Am I missing something obvious?
>
> Yes, you did it wrong.
>
> apt-get install communicator-smotif-475(or navigator).
>
> This has ALWAYS been the way netscape has been done.  And, in any case, I am
> no longer the maintainer.

have to jump in here, i never had to use the communicator-smotif-* until
recently, before that i always used apt-get install netscape4 and it
always worked!!

would be nice to have that netscape4 package back too since it relied on
a self download of netscape which allowed me to install any netscape4
version i wanted rather then rely on the stuff in the package(easy
upgrades, 128bit support etc).

nate

--
:::