ppp module gone in 2.2 (potato)

Hi,
I've upgraded my m68k distro 2.1 to 2.2 using dpkg -i kernel-imagexxx but
the ppp.o module did not get upgraded. There is no /lib/modules/2.2.10
folder, either. Does anyone have an idea what to do to get all my modules
from the previous 2.0.36 folder updated into the new folder so that they
can be loaded? Most importantly I'd love to get the ppp module to connect
to the internet, I tried installing modutils and ppp, but still to no
avail. Help very much appreciated, I just can't find those things.

André