Re: ppp module gone in 2.2 (potato)

André Wayand wrote:

> Hi,
> I've upgraded my m68k distro 2.1 to 2.2 using dpkg -i kernel-imagexxx but
> the ppp.o module did not get upgraded. There is no /lib/modules/2.2.10
> folder, either. Does anyone have an idea what to do to get all my modules
> from the previous 2.0.36 folder updated into the new folder so that they
> can be loaded? Most importantly I'd love to get the ppp module to connect
> to the internet, I tried installing modutils and ppp, but still to no
> avail. Help very much appreciated, I just can't find those things.
>
> André
>
> --
Dunno if this is the certified way of doing it, but I usually
recompile the kernel to take care of such things. You really should
compile your own kernel, anyway, that way you can build exactly the
right kernel for your specific hardware. It's really very easy!
There's a kernel-howto out there... or check www.kernel.org.
hth
Vitux

--