Re: windowmaker

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 08:33:16PM +0800, Goeman Stefan wrote
> Hello,
>

> Probably a stupid question.
>
> I am running WindowMaker under Gnome.
> I want to have the wmitime icom appear on my desktop when I log in.
> Putting a line like:
> exec wmitime in my .xsession file does not work.
>
> How should this be done?

Maybe a stupid answer...

Most Xsession files end with a command like

exec wmanager

to start a window manager or some other persistent
app; your session ends when that app ends, and bash
stops executing your script at that point, as the
exec command replaces the bash process with your wmanager
(or whatever).

If you just add
exec wmitime

to the end of an existing, working Xsession, the
command will never be executed; add a command like
wmitime &

to your Xsession before the "exec" command that was probably
there when you started and it should work.

For a little more info on "exec", man bash and search for ' exec '

HTH,

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au