Re: max n of groups per user?

Addressed to: Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net>
              debian-user@lists.debian.org

** Reply to note from Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> Thu, 24 Aug 2000 01:47:32 -0800

Hi!

The admins want to read / write, because we have services like burning cd's,
printing / plotting etc. The user comes, the admin takes the file from the
user's home, ready. And if a user has deleted his windows-profiles or other
settings, the admin needs write.

I don't want all users be able to read in other users home. But admins must
be able to read.

If I would use the incoming-dir, I would also need an outgoing, and all users
would have to understand this concept. Users are not computer freaks here, but
students of architecture, and most don't know what is unix. On the admin side,
some admins work with windows clients, others with apple clients, they don't
want to learn unix permissions.

Thank you, CU, Lars.