Java virtual machine in .debs

To install a genuine java virtual machine. That is, as sun compliant
as possible what .debs should be installed and where can they be found.
This is for slink. I am ftping from a shell account and need to know
the aprox  name  of the files. I would suspect they are in
contrib or nonfree and under ??? dir.

Also any warnings or hints in installing and setting up the virtual
machine would be appreciated.

                                                         Thanks
                                                          cmos