Re: automounter & NIS

hi ya oren

simple tests...

- make sure /home is exported to be rw to your deb box...
	- am assuming you want to write into your home dir

- on your deb box...make sure you can at least manually mount it
	deb# mkdir /mnt/test
	deb# mount solaris:/home /mnt/test

- i use autofs...( for simple automount stuff ) ( no NIS/yp etc
  compatibility needs )

    deb# cat /etc/auto.master
	#.... comments ..
	#
	#  mkdir /.autofs
	/.autofs  /etc/auto.home --timeout 600
	#
	# end of file

    deb# cat /etc/auto.home
	#.... comments ...
	#
	home.NFS	-fstype=nfs,intr,soft	solaris:/home
	#
	# end of file

- your automounted new home dir is  /.autofs/home.NFS
	#
	deb# ls -laR /.autofs/home.NFS/<your_home>
	deb# ln -s /.autofs/home.NFS  /where-ever-your-want-home-to-be

-
- last possible gotcha.....
-	you might need to specify rpc-1 or rpc-2  depending on
-	which protocol is used by linux kernel vs solaris kernel
-	- you define the option if needed
-	( search the web ( "rpc-1 rpc-2" for options syntax )
-

c ya
alvin
http://wwww.linux-consulting.com/Amd_AutoFS/autofs-HOWTO.html