Re: ppp-related script not running correctly

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000 09:28:32 -0700, Ron Farrer said:

>  --ffoCPvUAPMgSXi6H
>

>  Hello;
>
>  I created a script (called fetchmail-on) and placed it in
>  '/etc/ppp/ip-up.d/' so that it will get executed when ppp connects. For
>  some reason it doesn't get execute 'fetchmail'. I can sit there (with
>  'ps aux|grep fetchmail') and see that the script itself gets executed. I
>  can even directly execute the scrip and it runs correctly. It's just
>  when pppd runs it, it fails to do it's job.=20
>
>  Here is what the script looks like:
>
>  ---cut-here---
>  #!/bin/bash=20
>
>  # take a little nap for 2 minutes just in case the connection is crap.=20
>  sleep 2m=20
>
>  # now start the program we've all been waiting for!=20
>  fetchmail -d 600 --syslog --fetchmailrc /home/rbf/.fetchmailrc

Will it run if you put	--fetchmail/root/.fetchmailrc and move .fetchmailrc to
/root ?
I put my fetchmail stuff in /etc/fetchmailrc.

Then, in my /etc/ppp/ip-up I have:

# fetchmail
sleep 10s
test -r /etc/fetchmailrc && \
fetchmail --syslog --invisible --fetchmailrc /etc/fetchmailrc

Works for me.

--
Andrew