Re: ALSA and SB Live

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 03:13:07PM +0000, David Bellows wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to get my SB Live to work with Debian 2.2 and ALSA.  The ALSA
> that ships with Debian 2.2 doesn't appear to have the driver I need for
> the SB Live.  So I have a few questions.
>
> 1.  I directed apt to get stuff from the unstable branch which has an
> ALSA that has my driver.  Unfortunately there were so many dependencies
> that kept popping up that I gave up -- at one point it just kept showing
> the same screen over and over regardless of what I selected.  Has
> anybody succeeded in installing ALSA this way and how?  Or has anyone
> succeeded in installing the newest ALSA using just dpkg?

I did the dpkg way. Wasn't to much work.
I wasn't sure whether it's a good idea to point apt to the unstable, because imho apt will try to update my hole system to woody.
But anyway I succeeded, by installing the necessary packages with dpkg.

-ff

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------