Re: Help again with command "man".

Well I finally solved the "man" problem.  Thanks to all that replied (esp.
to Paul Smith and Ron Rademaker who gave this newbie some great tips on
commands to use while installing via floppy).   Folks it is possible to
install via floppy but, as the manual does say, it is NOT recommended.  You
have to download man from the debian ftp site or mirror sites, save it onto
floppy, transfer it to the linux machine and then install it.  Aside from
this program, you also need to download and install groff and jgroff
(however, when I installed jgroff, it replaced groff ! ).

I have no choice right now but to use floppies as the machine I'm using for
Debian is an ancient 486 with no cd-rom, no internet capabilities, a
whopping 16 megs of ram, and an astounding 268 megs of hd space =P.  Debian
does run well on it though.  I am using a b&w G3 with a high speed
connection to download all the files and so far I've kept my sanity.  The
upswing to all this is I got a chance to actually play around with the
commands on Linux, learn how to install basic packages, and get some new
life into an old machine.  If you want to learn linux via a baptism of fire,
do it the way I did.

thanks again

at