OFF TOPIC: oxymoron, was Re: Hardware Modems

Cliff

You present a correct definition for rhetoric, but my use was not as
a classical rhetorical device. The etymology I presented is correct.

Military intelligence is often called an oxymoron. If you have been
in the military, if you have seen the way they (indeed the way most
rigid bureaucracies work) you will inderstand that military
intelligence is indeed an oxymoron, in the root sense of moronic
brilliance. Besides, intelligence as used here is an inflation of
words; intelligence is used to mean information.

Existence of an object does not prevent the words used to describe
it from being an oxymoron.  Indeed Giant Shrimp exist, but that
certainly does not mean that the two words don't contradict each
other and in the root sense. Giant shrimp is indeed an oxymoron.

While I enjoy this, many won't and it is really off topic, so I
encourage you to continue this by private email.

David