Re: mounting ext2 files system with uid and guid options

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 09:54:17PM -0500, Daniel E. Baumann wrote:
> Isn't there a kernel patch for mounting an ext2 file system with the uid and
> guid options? I'd like to be able to mount and write to ext2 floppies as a
> normal user (i.e., not root).

why would you need a uid/gid option for that?

$ su
# mount /floppy
# chown -R me.me /floppy
# exit
$

unless you are sharing the floppy with someone else who would be
annoyed by you mucking with the ownership...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/