Re: What is stormix

It's because root doesn't have 'rights' to your X display.  You can't run any
X programs as root if you su to root when you are logged into X as yourself.

The command:
xhost +host_name
typed in as your user will allow root access to it.  Be aware that I believe
this is a security risk (anyone?)

P.S. replace host_name with the name of your machine