Re: adding modules into Debian 2.2

> I just upgraded from Debian 2.2 using the idepci disks.  After
> installation I noticed that there is no lp module for the parallel printer
> port.  The Debian website talks about adding additional modules into the
> kernel after the installation.

Can you point me to the exact location in www.debina.org? I have searched for
it but found nothing?

> I have downloaded the 3 drivers disk
> images for the standard Vanilla kernel is there an easy way to add the lp
> modules into my existing setup?

I had the same problem, and it was fixed when I compiled my own kernel.
You probably need one or more from /lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/lp.o,
/lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/parport.o, /lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/parport_pc.o