re: Debian packages..

Hi,

Problem I am having is with packages. I have an old machine that is still
running Slink, and at this time I do not wish to upgrade it.

With potato changing to stable, I have since modified my sources.list to
reflect the fact that stable is not what I want, but rather slink

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian slink main etc etc

I then do a apt-get update and to update my package lists.

This works somewhat fine, the problem happens when I wish to install a
package for slink,

apt-get install package

At this point it fails badly, because the stuff that I downloaded with
apt-get update, all the paths in this file contain the path
blah/dists/stable/binary-i386-package/net/ntop-3-4.deb

Which means it will fail, as stable of course is now the potato tree,
shouldn't the package list files change to reflect the codename of the
release, rather then stable. As I wouldn't be having this problem.

Can anyone tell me if the maintainers expect to update the package lists
files for slink, so that the paths are right, as since potato is out, it
FAILS big time.

Please email me anyone if you can help me out.

Thanks