Re: _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Mirko Parthey <Mirko.Parthey@Informatik.TU-Chemnitz.DE> wrote:

> Sorry, I should have told you to censor the keys, because they are
> sensitive info. :-( For your safety, I strongly recommend restarting
> the X server on *all* machines mentioned in your listing (if you
> haven't done yet after "xauth list").

It's Ok -- I'm not permanently conncted to the net...  But however,
how do you disable all X connections to my box (from outside, not
another local user)?  Some names are really old names for this
machines that are no longer in use.  Does it matter that they are
listed?

> I'm still using slink, but I had a similar problem with some unofficial
> X packages. I wasn't able to figure out what the problem was, so I
> reverted to official slink X packages. I suppose it had something to do
> with confusion about plaintext (MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1) vs.
> DES (XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1) authorization.

Well, these are the official X packages (of potato test 1, I have to
ugrade to potato final still).

> Are you using xdm? Then you might also want to check
>   xauth -f /var/lib/xdm/authdir/authfiles/YOUR_FILENAME list
> and compare the key(s) to your "xauth list" output. You can find out the
> filename this way:
>   ps auxw | grep "X.*-auth"
> it's after the -auth command line option to your X server.

Well, the key are a subset of those given by xauth list (the ones I am
currently using I guess).

> The important diagnostic info is whether keys are the same, not their
> actual value.

Thanks,
ChriS