Re: can't ftp through IP Masq
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: can't ftp through IP Masq
- From: John Reinke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:34:28 -0500
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <184.108.40.206.0.20000814221156.00e1cd60@oracle>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I've got IP Masq compiled into the kernel, but I don't remember a selection
for that in the kernel config. What was that?
Also, I've tried both passive and non-passive in the clients (both mac and
>At 19:28 2000/08/14 -0500, you wrote:
>>I am not able to ftp from my private network, through IP Masqerading. I
>>now have Debian 2.2, and I had Debian 2.1 before. As far as I can tell, I
>>have set up IP Masq the same way as I did before.
>You need the ip_masq_ftp.o module installed, OR you need to set your FTP
>client up to PASV mode.
>I've got the same issue, I just haven't gotten the module yet. PASV works
>Toronto, Ontario, Canada