Re: Setting up IP aliasing, cannot find kernel modules

At 08:25 2000/08/10 -0500, you wrote:
I can't find it at the debian site. That probably just means I don't know where to look, since I'm still new to debian.

It's a standard module in the kernel, AFAIK, so that's why there's no entry on the debian site, cause it's always part of the kernel source.

I run potato, installed entirely from packages, so no custom kernel installed on this machine as yet, but I shouldn't need to in order to use a module, AFAIK.

Or is aliasing handled differently in 2.2 than earlier kernels?

I don't know about it being available out of the box, without a custom kernel, but it is available for kernel recompile.

make menuconfig -> look under "Network" (Sorry, I forget the exact name) -> It's in there, IP Aliasing.

I'm by far not an expert, I just happened to do this the other day (turns out I didn't need to, so I didn't finish the procedure, but it was there, and I'm running Potato).

HTH.
Adam
Toronto, Ontario, Canada