Missing class member in stl_vector?

Hi!

I have the following problem. In a c++ program I use the vector template.
Acording to "The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup there
should be a member at() for checked random access to components of a
vector. But it seems that there is only operator[] implemented in
libstdc++. Is the member I need named differently or is there some sort of
workaround?

Thanks
        Christoph

PS: Please CC me when replying, thanks

--
* Christoph Baumann                                          *
* cbauman1@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de                          *