RE: newbie alert!!! cont'd

Oh, yeah, also make sure that you have the correct server installed!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Garneau [mailto:billgarneau@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 2:28 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: newbie alert!!!

After tooling around w/ Corel for a bit I decided to
step up to the plate....

I installed Debian all right (I think) I didn't know
most of the answers to the config portion of the
install so I went with the defaults most of the time.
Anyway I'm trying to fire up X Windows and using the
command /usr/X11R6/bin/startx and I am getting the
error message
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to
connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

Do I not have X Windows installed? not installed
correctly? Or I am I totally lost?