Re: Exim mail is frozen

At 09:48 2000/08/09 +0900, you wrote:
I retreived some mail using fetchmail, which worked fine. At the time, I used root to generate my "/var/spool/mail/USER" file. This caused some 120+ email to be "bounced". I couldn't get any mail to my USER. These mail got stuck in /var/spool/exim/input. I chown the USER file and I could get mail. But I can't get them unstuck from this folder. The exim doc's don't mention how to get them unstuck? Any suggestions?

If the mail IS set as frozen, the docs do tell how to do it:
CD to the /var/spool/exim/msglog directory (I believe that's the one), and run exim -Mt *
That should thaw any message that's pending.

It's buried (as are billions of other useful gems that I haven't been able to dig up yet) in the docs on the website that I found ( http://www.exim.org ). There is also a way to determine the status of message, but I forget the command I'm afraid.

HTH.
Adam
Toronto, Ontario, Canada