Re: maildir & imap

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 02:53:11PM -0700,
Dr. Michael Meskes <Michael.Meskes@credativ.de> wrote:
> > ~$ telnet localhost 143
> > <courier-imap's greeting stuff>
> > Enter these commands:
> > A1 LOGIN name pass
> > A1 STATUS INBOX (unseen)
>
> Now that helped me a bit. After typing my password I get
>
> Connection closed by foreign host.

Sounds like an authentication problem. Here's my /etc/pam.d/imap:

auth     required       pam_unix_auth.so
account  required       pam_unix_acct.so
password required       pam_unix_passwd.so
session  required       pam_unix_session.so

Does yours look something like this?

If this isn't the problem, then you have me stumped. Sorry.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"When I give food to the poor I am called a saint, when I ask why
 they go hungry I am called a communist"
 --Bishop Helder Camara