Re: ice window mgr & clock

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 09:01:55AM -0700, Dale Morris wrote:
> I have 2 questions, after the ftp install of potato, my taskbar clock
> is 7 hours off, I must have selected something wrong in the initial
> configuration setup. How do I change it and get it back?

You can set your timezone with tzconfig... but I can't remember
where/how to set whether or not your hardware clock is set to GMT, which
might be your problem. :/

When you do get your settings right, though, you can use these commands
for setting your computer to the correct time:

rdate time.nist.gov
hwclock --systohc

The first syncs your system time to the time on a time server
(time.nist.gov), and the second sets your hardware clock to the system
time. That might not be the best way, that's just how I've always done
it.

> Two: What package do I need to download to have ice windowmanager
> conf? I know there's a program for it, but I don't know how to run it?
> thanks

Try the icepref package.  You're welcome. :)

Tom