Re: route delete

Hi elouafi!

On Mon, 07 Aug 2000, elouafi bessem wrote:

> hello
>

> I have a problem, I have a default route whene I delete it,the
> operation succeeded and the route disappears, but every time that
> I reboot the Pc it appears againe. how I can resolve this problem.

On slink aka Debian 2.1 systems comment out the
``route add default gw...'' line in /etc/init.d/network

On potato aka Debian 2.2 systems edit /etc/network/interfaces
and comment out ``up route add default..'' and ''down route del..''
for this very interface.

HTH

Please ask questions like this on -user in the future. -mentors
is for debian developers helping other developers with packaging
and such, -dpkg is for development of the packaging system and
dpkg I assume and directly mailing individuals is in general not
considered a Good Thing.

X-Post, Mail-Followup-To set to debian-user@lists.debian.org -
please send replies there.
					yours,