RE: Debian in Academic and Public Organisations

I forgot to mention that I recently installed Debian on an old Sparc station
here after Solaris crashed and burned the root partition on the SCSI drive
.... why will always be a mystery - (and one which I haven't got time to
solve). After a few initial installation problems, I got the floppy images
to work and the machine has been running smoothly for a couple of weeks now.
At the moment it's just running as a Web server ... debian's web space is
actually just a bunch of symbolic links to the Web pages on the Sun
partitions that weren't f#*&#(d after the crash.

tks
Andrew

Andrew McRobert LLB B.Sc(Comp. Sci)
IT Officer, School of Law
MURDOCH UNIVERSITY
Perth, Western Australia
Ph: [+61 8 9360 6479]
Fax: [+61 8 9310 6671]
e-mail: mcrobert@central.murdoch.edu.au
"The lottery: a tax on people who are bad at math"