Re: some tcsh questions

> <plug subject=zsh> Do yourself a favor and try zsh first... even
> before tcsh (in other words: get rid of that), but certainly before
 > bash.  Go with the package in potato, or better yet, with 3.1.9* in
> woody.  I'd bet you will *not* regret it...  </plug>

Done.. =) Now I'll just have to take myself time and try it out thourily..

>    Jonas> Just for your info, I can't seem to get these other
>    Jonas> xterm-titles using cwdcmd to work either. I'm not so good
>    Jonas> that I understand what ^[]2; and ^G does.
>
> Stupid question: you know that those ^ thingies are control codes,
> right?  Now I don't know whether tcsh understand ^[ (two ascii chars)
> to be ESC automagically or not...  make sure those are one char (in
> Emacs or jed, type ctrl-q and then the char (esc or ctrl-g).  vi?  I
> don't even have one one this system ;-)

I tried that and I still can't seem to get it to work with tcsh. Might be me
doing something stupid thou. Haven't tried it in zsh yet.

>    Jonas> While I'm at it, I'll get another tcsh issue of my
>    Jonas> chest. Is there any possibility to get TAB to do the the
>    Jonas> tcsh list-glob function (lists global patterns) aswell as
>    Jonas> the commands-, dir-, var-, env-completion that it does by
>    Jonas> default?
>
> Don't know what this means... I only know <plug subject=zsh>zsh's

list-glob lists all matches to a global-pattern. If i type "ls ~/www/*.html"
it'll give me a list of matches. I tried this in zsh actually and it expanded
the pattern on the commandline for me when I pressed TAB, like the expand-glob in tcsh =). Not exactly what I wanted, but close enough.. There might even be a setting somewhere to change it, but I just haven´t got the strength to look it up in the zsh manpage just yet.. I've had enough of manpages for a while. ;)