Re: Is Debian the last OS ? (Long reply)

Was this a compilation error?  Shouldn't have failed, as that is the
correct and documented way of doing it.  What was the error message?  (I
remember a friend who tried compiling and it didn't work because he didn't
have bin86 installed.  Would cut out because it couldn't find as86.)

Of course, since you didn't compile using kernel_image, it wouldn't
generate a .deb file.