X crashed on laptop update

Hello

I just updated updated X (woody) on my laptop with the result it does
not work anymore. From windows I get it's a ATI LT PRO and I use the
Mach64 server. I've not changed anything else in X.
The only thing I get is the lowest few pixels on the screen are turned
on - the rest is black

Sorry I a similar question has just been posted but I've been away for a
week where I could not follow the mailing list and Sunday I go again and
would like the laptop to work.

Karsten

Karsten Bolding       Phone:  +39 0332 225090
Via Adda 31           E-mail: karsten@bolding.net
I-21100 Varese(VA)
Italia