Re: X windows update

* Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shaleh@valinux.com>

> > What seems to happen is that /tmp/.X11-unix gets group ownership from
> > the user starting X.  If the X server is started by gdm, /tmp/.X11-unix
> > is owned by the `gdm' group, if I stop gdm and do
> >

> when gdm exits, the .X11-unix dir should go away.  If not, this is a bug in gdm.

The directory is also created when running `startx', so I don't really
think it is a gdm problem.

I found this in the Debian Bug Database just now:

http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=66225

This is not the same problem, but it is the same directory and also
around the time I started having my problem, so they might be related.

I run woody, by the way.  My X packages are

ii  xserver-common 3.3.6-10   files and utilities common to all X servers
ii  xserver-svga   3.3.6-10   X server for SVGA graphics cards

The system is fairly updated with all the newest packages.

--
Kjetil