Re: syslogd accept log from remote host?

cool, thanks!

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Bill Goudie wrote:

bgoudi >On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 11:19:49PM -0700, nate@firetrail.com wrote:
bgoudi >> i just got a cisco675 for my dsl today and noticed it supports syslog, i
bgoudi >> want to get it to send log entries to one of my boxes, is there anything
bgoudi >> special i have to do to syslogd to allow this? i didnt see anything
bgoudi >
bgoudi >The default for for syslogd is not to accept messages from network hosts.
bgoudi >Use '-r' to turn this on.
bgoudi >
bgoudi >--
bgoudi >A good name lost is seldom regained.  When character is gone,
bgoudi >all is gone, and one of the richest jewels of life is lost forever.
bgoudi >		-- J. Hawes
bgoudi >
bgoudi >
bgoudi >--
bgoudi >Unsubscribe?  mail -s unsubscribe debian-user-request@lists.debian.org < /dev/null
bgoudi >

:::
http://www.aphroland.org/
http://www.linuxpowered.net/
aphro@aphroland.org
1:11pm up 15 days, 20:38, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.05