Re: Debian 2.1 to Debian 2.2 upgrade.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Jow" <hhjow@cs.unm.edu>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Cc: <debian-dpkg@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 8:45 PM
Subject: Debian 2.1 to Debian 2.2 upgrade.

> Hi, I am a systems administrator at the University of New Mexico.  I am
> trying to upgrade approximately 80 Debian Linux boxxen from 2.1 to 2.2.
> We are currently running slink and we want to move to potato.  Here is
> basically what I am doing:
>
> changing /etc/apt/sources.list to use potato
> apt-get update
> apt-get dist-upgrade

Are the machines having nearly the same config? Should be if it are user
workstations. Then make a disk image and just use it everywhere. Use dhcp
for IP adress allocation, and a script that uses the then allocated IP
address to update the (individual) config on a machine, like I said
depending on the IP.

Jens