Re: isapnp says irq5; modprobe assigns 7

On 31-Jul-2000 Kent West wrote:
> Pollywog wrote:
>
> I've discovered that if I create a file named /etc/modutils/sound and
> put in it the line:
> options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330
>
> then I no longer get the error message. The sound card mostly works now.
> It can't seem to play .WAV files (with splay); and if I move the mouse
> (PS/2) while playing an MP3 in freeamp the sound gets garbled as long as
> I'm moving the mouse. Yet a "cat /proc/interrupts" shows the
> soundblaster to be on 5 and the ps/2 on 12.

I ran alsaconfig (when I tried Alsa) and it did those things for me, and
although I got no error messages when trying to play sound, no sound was
played.  The command just froze in my xterm.

I think if I want sound to work without the commercial OSS drivers, I need to
dump this VibraX card and get a real Soundblaster.

--
Andrew