Re: Xfree86-4.0.1 and Enlightenment

I had the same problem.  It turned out I needed
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       135336 Jul  2 06:31 libextmod.a
in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extentsions, and then:

then I had to update /etc/X11/XF86Config:

Section "Module"
    Load        "dbe"   # Double buffer extension
#    SubSection  "extmod"
#      Option    "omit xfree86-dga"   # don't initialise the DGA extension
#    EndSubSection
    Load        "extmod"
    Load        "type1"
    Load        "freetype"
    Load       "glx"
    Load       "dri"
EndSection

I had to comment out the 3 lines, and then add the 'Load "extmod"' line.
After that, it works great.

Robert

Thus spake Ethan Pierce (ethan_pierce@gdt1.com):