StarOffice issues

Hi Group. I have installed StarOffice 5.2 and have two questions:

- After installation it indicates that no Java support is found. If I
  open a Java web-page, I get error messages. I would like to know if
  there is a Debian package which I can use, or an alternative?

- StarOffice seems a genuine memory hog. I have a 128 Mb laptop, all
  gets eaten if I start SO. Also, performance of the system degrades
  quite a bit. If I do a 'ps aux' I notice quite a few instances of SO
  around. Is this expected behavour?

Other than that, very impressed with StarOffice!

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>