PCI-SC875 general questions
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Pierre.Blanchet@emi.u-bordeaux.fr, D.Wright@open.ac.uk, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Frederic.Bossut@etu.utc.fr, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: PCI-SC875 general questions
- From: Nicolas.De.Bray@FID.desjardins.com
- Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:58:08 -0400
- Message-id: <85256928.0062935A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Here's some questions for you. I will be so gratefull if you could help me in
I'd like to know if the PCI-SC875 SCSI Card is ''Dual Channel'' or ''Single
2. If I connect a SCSI-2 device (CD-RW) on the 50 pins connector and a ULTRA
WIDE SCSI device (ST34573W Seagate Barracuda Hard-Drive) on the 68 pins
connector, should I be able to run each of these devices at their respective
Or will the card run these two devices at SCSI-2 speed (20 Mbytes/sec)????
3. Is this card (PCI-SC875) ''Ultra Fast & Ultra Wide'' or ''Ultra Fast &
Wide'' ??? You see the difference??!!?? I'm asking you this because everywhere
ASUS described this card, it's always written like this ''Ultra Fast/Wide''...
4. If it's ULTRA FAST & ULTRA WIDE, is it right to say that it's also SCSI
5. If I cannot run my CD-RW and my Hard Drive at their own respective speed, is
there an easy or non-easy way to disable/disconnect the CD-RW to be able to run
the Hard Drive at it's full speed (SCSI 3 instead of SCSI 2)...??????
By using the Symbios maybe...or anything else....??????
You can simply reply to me or send me an E-MAIL at: email@example.com
I hope you did understand well my questions because my english is not so
good.....I'm a frenchman...
Nicolas de Bray
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Thanx a lot