Help: What does this mean

Hi:

I setup the following keycodes with xmodmap:

keycode  24 = q Q 0x0b8 0x0c8 0x0d8 0x0e8

each keycode will generate 6 possible keycodes. My
modifier map looks like this:

shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e)
lock        Caps_Lock (0x42)
control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_R (0x6d)
mod1        Alt_L (0x40),  Alt_R (0x71)
mod2        Num_Lock (0x4d)
mod3
mod4
mod5        Scroll_Lock (0x4e)

I tried every combination, but was not able to diplay
any of the last four keysyms. What exactly is
happening with these modifier codes. It was my
understanding the first code is generated when there
is no modifiers, second in ShiftMask, third when with
Mod1Mask, etc. Right?

-D