Re: Matrox G400 not supported in kernel?

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 03:25:56PM +1000, Brian May wrote:

>     >> image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16 append="video=matrox:vesa:0x192"
>     Eric>                                         ^^^^^ See
>     Eric> <kernel>/Documentation/fb/matroxfb.txt (that should be a
>     Eric> decimal number in lilo.conf, like:
>     Eric> append="video=matrox:vesa:280"
>
> I have:
>
> vga = 0x319
>
> hex seems to work fine for me, potato lilo. At least, I do not get any
> errors...
>
> Sorry, this is VESA, my G400 card (at least I think it is G400) works
> too, but only have tried loading it as a module after boot. I don't
> have access to that computer right now.

Well, I only know that <kernel>Documentation/fb/matroxfb.txt has this to
say:

    If you want, for example, enable a resolution of 1280x1024x24bpp you
    should pass to the kernel this command line:
    "video=matrox:vesa:0x1BB".  Note that the same line, if 'appended'
    as a lilo parameter in lilo.conf will read "video=matrox:vesa:443"
    because lilo pass integer parameters as decimal numbers to the
    kernel.

This is the Documentation for a 2.2.14 kernel, so I suspect it hasn't
changed for 2.2.16 (however, LILO's passing of parameters may have).

--
According to MegaHAL:
    The emu is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace.