StarOffice5.2 install needs Adabas D... Any Tips??

I have a StarOffice 5.2 new installation. It is asking for Adabas D
database engine to be installed for StarBase to work properly. It seems
to be available only from SuSe, and it does not appear to be free
software. I was able to download a copy of what I think is the
application in a file ending in .tqz and I am going to try to convert it
to a .deb file with alien. I am wodering if there is anyone out there
who has already done this and if anyone has tips on getting this to work
properly. Too bad the Sun folks did not use MySQL or PostgreSQL...
Thanks!!
--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173