Re: Why isn't frozen/ssh up to date?

    Christian> There seem to be two candidates in unstable

    Christian> *) ssh2 2.0.13-5.1 [non-us/non-free]

    Christian> Non-free? Can't be OpenSSH then, can it?

No, its not.

    Christian> *) ssh 1:1.2.3-9 [non-us]

    Christian> It says OpenSSH here, but if the package version is
    Christian> comparable to the source release version (2.1.1p4 at
    Christian> the moment) then it's antique...

I tried compiling the latest version of openssh, but got stuck with
bug #66538 (openssh required the latest openssl, but I couldn't get
that to install). I see that this bug is now closed.

Perhaps, if this is what delayed the new version of ssh being
packaged, it will soon happen...

Then again, the current version of openssh does everything I want
except Kerberos (or SASL) authentication...
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>