dlopen oddness

Hola~

Sorry about the wide bandwidth, if there's a better forum, please feel free to refer me to it.

I've got an application that calls dlopen(SO_NAME, RTLD_LAZY). dlopen is returning null and dlerror returns "undefined symbol". The manpage basically says dlopen with RTLD_LAZY shouldn't have this problem.

The same application on RedHat 6.x system doesn't have this problem.

I'm running the current unstable dist of Debian (by current, I ran an apt-get dist-upgrade this morning). According to ldd, the application is using libdl-2.1.3.so, from version 2.1.3-10 of libc6.

Is anyone else running into a similar problem?

MO