Re: Amanda backup: Labeling Tapes

Erik> Dear Group, I feel that I have come quite far in setting up
Erik> amanda on my Debian/GNU Linux 2.2 system. I seem to be able to
Erik> connect from client to server, access the tape drive (SCSI
Erik> /dev/nst0) and such.

Erik> However, since I am still testing I have not yet set up the
Erik> crontab entry but would like to supply some commands manually.

Erik> However, as soon as I perform a dump, I get an email asking for:
Erik> a new tape.  I have tried amlabel to write all kinds of
Erik> labels. This seems to work but I have not found a way to get
Erik> amanda to accept it.  I have not been able to find in the
Erik> documentation how to go about this, other than (from the Howto):

Erik> Run amlabel to label all the tapes needed according to your
Erik> needs.

Have you set the "labelstr" parameter in amanda.conf?  Mine says

labelstr "^DailySet1-[0-9][0-9]*$"      # label constraint regex: all tapes match

and my tapes are labelled DailySet1-01, DailySet1-02, etc. ..

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
In his own soul a man bears the source