Re: How to make a boot disk?

The simplest way is to dd the kernel to the floppy disk, and then set
the root device (partition).

dd if=/path_to_your_kernel of=/dev/fd0 bs=512

rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/your_root_partition

You can verify that the root device for the floppy disk kernel is set
correctly by using this command:

rdev /dev/fd0

You can also set video mode if you want. See 'man rdev' or 'man vidmode'

Tom