Re: staroffice

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 11:27:25AM +0100, Phillip Deackes wrote:
> "Martin J . Hillyer" <hillyer@cmc.net> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, it will run the complete Office97 suite, even Excel w/VBA macros.
> > I've been running them for three months now with no trouble at all.
> > (It'll run lots of other Windoze software, too.)
>
> So - let me get this right - Win4Lin is a virtual machine in which you
> can run Windows. Or is it some sort of emulator?

Win4Lin is a virtual machine with somewhat less capability at this
point than VMware.  It will only run 95 and 98.  I had a number of
hiccups getting it installed in potato, but once it was working, I
find it is more convenient to use than VMware.  Applications seem to
run a bit faster for me than under VMware, as well.

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen