Problems building kernel with make-kpkg

Hi folks,

Running potato I have been able to build kernels in the past using
kernel-package. This time round however things are different.

I installed kernel-source-2.2.17pre6-1, when I got to building the
kernel_image an error came back saying that i386-linux-gcc could not be
found.

Thinking this was odd, I tried with kernel-source-2.2.15-3 but got the
same error. The last time I built a kernel was with 2.2.15-2 which went
fine.

Nothing has changed on my system, just upgrades to keep current with
potato. Anyone got ideas on what the problem might be.

Oh, gcc is 2.95.2-13

Cheers,
Tom

--
Training is everything.  The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is
nothing but cabbage with a college education.