Re: system lock on boot

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 08:54:10PM -0700, e3c wrote:
> Thank you for your reply,
>
> What I am trying to load as far as I have been able to tell is slink 2.1. However the
> package that I purchased has nothing called tecra on it.  Is this another boot image or
> ? If it is a boot image is it available ftp on the www?

>From http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/

    Users of Adaptec 2940 SCSI cards, and other SCSI controllers with
    the aic7xxx chipset, will probably experience problems with the
    standard boot-floppies.  A kind user has made some experiments
    which many users find to solve their problems.  There are two
    alternative Rescue Floppies for the i386 architecture at
    ftp://kalle.csb.ki.se/pub/.  There are also replacement kernels in
    that location, which you can use to simply replace the existing
    kernels on the boot-floppies.  You'll need the Drivers Floppy from
    the standard location.

    A competing and newer set of Rescue and Driver Floppies for
    Adaptec users can be found at
    http://www.debian.org/~adric/aic7xxx/.

I had to use one of those images from for my 2940.

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting