Re: NIC sharing?

On 07/13/00, Ethan Pierce wrote:
> Im running a dsl network where I have a real IP on eth0.  I was
> wondering I could setup a new network for use in masquerading via
> eth1...can the single network card translate the non routable
> network as well as the physical static one?

Yes.  Set up IP aliasing in your kernel, then refer to your additional
network interfaces as eth0:1, etc.  Works very well for me with a cable
modem-based IP and a local network IP being used simultaneously.

Have fun,

Jesse

--
For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One
died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live