dselect and Packages.gz

I have installed Debian 2.0 (kernel 2.0.34) from
floppies and have booted from the hard disk
after installing all the base.tgz. Do I need
to install the rest of the packages from the
old 2.0 archives, or from the current files?
I searched for 2.0 files and found the following.

ftp.debian.org        /debian-archive/dists/Debian-2.0

Dselect, however, says it cannot find Packages.gz
when I instruct it to access the site and directories
below (or anything other than the current version's
packages.gz).
What can I do?

Thanks.

Tony Laszlo