Re: random signature

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 09:30:50PM +0200, Sven Burgener wrote:

> Is there a way to put some sort of random signature system to use in
> mutt? If not, can any other mail client do this? (I dont want / have X
> on this box here)

yes, you can do it with mutt. if you set the signature like this:

  set signature = "foo|"

then, mutt will take the _output_ from the program 'foo' as signature
and not the file 'foo' itself.

i've written a small perl script 'randsig.pl' for this, get it at
http://hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de/~moritz/code/randsig.pl.

	moritz

ps: i know, that this job can also be done with a shell 3-liner ;)

--
/* Moritz Schulte <moritz@hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de>
 * http://hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de/~moritz/